A leading academic publisher of books and journals is now looking for a Commissioning Editor to develop and commission a list of books on their Social Work, Counselling and Psychotherapy lists. This is an excellent chance to join an award winning publisher with an excellent benefits package.
- Identify current and future market trends for future editorial development
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that books are produced, marketed and distributed effectively
- Provide creative support to authors
- Work closely with the marketing department to promote new and published products
- Identify, advise and act on legal questions relating to publication
- Project manage products from early stages through to publication
- Attend academic conferences within the UK, Europe, and occasionally internationally
Experience / skills required:
- Demonstrable experience in the publishing industry
- Proven experience of developing and commissioning textbooks
- Highly motivated approach
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on large number of projects simultaneously within tight time pressures.
- Strong communication skills
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Contact: Lucy Llewellyn
Tel: 020 7487 8228
See more publishing jobs at jobs.bookmachine.org.
Trackback from your site.