Marketing Executive – Humanities at Palgrave Macmillan [JOB POSTING]
At Palgrave Macmillan we publish award-winning research on behalf of scholars at universities and institutes worldwide. We publish in both print and online. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, talented Marketing Executive to join our friendly, creative and hardworking team.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the global marketing of our scholarly Humanities lists covering Literature, History, Performing Arts, Philosophy and Religion.
This is a varied and stimulating position which will involve:
- devising and managing annual promotional budgets for your lists
- planning, briefing and delivering a range of marketing campaigns
- building relationships within key communities/associations
- market research and new product development
- reporting & analysis of ROI on subject marketing activities
- occasional travel in the UK and internationally
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate first rate communication skills and the ability to establish, develop, and maintain good working relationships within internal teams and externally with authors, customers and associates
- possess effective marketing skills, including experience of planning and running a range of direct and digital campaigns, branding, social media, advertising and events
- have outstanding organisational skills, a systematic approach to their work, excellent time management and the ability to prioritise effectively
- be able to evaluate, adapt and work flexibly to achieve the maximum results in all areas of work
- previous experience in within publishing/academic marketing would be desirable
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
This position is based in our offices in Basingstoke, just 40 minutes from London, Oxford, Reading or Southampton by train. From 2014, the role will be based in London at the new King’s Cross Macmillan campus. For more information about the Macmillan group, visit our website www.macmillan.com.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter stating current salary and quoting reference number PAL/021/12 via our online recruitment site: http://jobs.macmillan.com
Closing date: 27th July 2012