Author Care Assistant at Palgrave Macmillan [JOB POSTING]
At Palgrave Macmillan we publish award-winning research on behalf of scholars at universities and institutes worldwide. We publish in both print and online. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, talented Author Care Assistant to join our friendly, creative and hardworking team.
Reporting to the Author Marketing Manager, the Author Care Assistant will join a global marketing team responsible for author care and services. They will be the main contact for Palgrave Macmillan authors’ marketing queries.
The role will involve:
- providing excellent author care by effectively responding to queries
- creating promotional materials for use by our authors, and monitoring their success
- assisting with marketing activities that build relationships with current authors and in order to increase authorship to the Palgrave Macmillan range of publications
- maintaining author information on our database
The successful candidate will:
- have an enthusiastic and positive attitude to customer service
- have a high standard of written English, including excellent grammar and spelling
- demonstrate first rate communication skills and the ability to establish, develop, and maintain good working relationships with internal teams and externally with authors
- have outstanding organisational skills, a systematic approach to their work, excellent time management and the ability to prioritise effectively
- be resourceful and proactive in dealing with problems and queries
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
This position will initially be based in Basingstoke, and will transfer to new premises alongside our sister companies in the Macmillan Group at a major new Macmillan ‘campus’ near Kings Cross in central London by the end of 2014. For more information about the Macmillan group click here to visit our website.
Please apply by sending your CV, and a covering letter confirming your current salary and quoting reference PAL/029/12 via our online recruitment site: http://jobs.macmillan.com.
No agencies please.
Closing date: 31st August 2012
Macmillan Publishers Ltd.