Editor at Harlequin/Mills & Boon [JOB POSTING]
This iconic publisher is seeking an Editor to join them in their delightfully located, friendly office in Richmond. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, commissioning and scheduling titles across a variety of lines, managing authors, and assisting with strategic development.
- Manage the Mills & Boon Historical imprint, including a digital programme
- Commission, schedule and project manage titles for simultaneous UK/US publication
- Work closely with the Senior Editor to evolve and deliver strategy
- Management, including acquisition, of up to 20 authors across multiple romance series
- Work with the series team and manage an editorial assistant
Experience/ skills required:
- Experience of commissioning titles within mass market trade publishing
- Commercially minded with excellent market knowledge
- Ability to lead and inspire, and be an agent of change
- Proven time management skills and experience of scheduling
- Outstanding editing and copy-writing skills
- A good knowledge of all aspects of contemporary culture
- Passionate about the brand and about romantic fiction
Atwood Tate has been appointed as the Employment Agency for this opportunity. All enquiries must be made through Atwood Tate. Any applications not made through Atwood Tate will not be considered.
Contact: Lucy Llewellyn
Tel: 020 7487 8228
contemporary culture, digital programme, fast paced environment, Harlequin, Lucy Llewellyn, Mills & Boon, strategic development, strategy management, time management skills
Publishing Recruitment Specialists Atwood Tate
can assist on specialist publishing jobs at all levels - from first publishing job to publishing CEO.