Commissioning Editor (Social Work & Counselling) in London [JOB POSTING]
A leading academic publisher of books and journals is now looking for a Commissioning Editor to develop and commission a list of books on their Social Work, Counselling and Psychotherapy lists. This is an excellent chance to join an award winning publisher with an excellent benefits package.
Experience / skills required:
- Identify current and future market trends for future editorial development
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that books are produced, marketed and distributed effectively
- Provide creative support to authors
- Work closely with the marketing department to promote new and published products
- Identify, advise and act on legal questions relating to publication
- Project manage products from early stages through to publication
- Attend academic conferences within the UK, Europe, and occasionally internationally
- Demonstrable experience in the publishing industry
- Proven experience of developing and commissioning textbooks
- Highly motivated approach
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on large number of projects simultaneously within tight time pressures.
- Strong communication skills
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Lucy Llewellyn
Tel: 020 7487 8228
academic conferences, academic publisher, counselling, editorial development, fast paced environment, marketing department, uk europe
Publishing Recruitment Specialists Atwood Tate
can assist on specialist publishing jobs at all levels - from first publishing job to publishing CEO.