Managing Editor (Humanities) in Leeds [JOB POSTING]
An exciting new opening for a Managing Editor has arisen with an independent and growing publisher of STM journals based in Leeds. This is a new role and will be working on developing list of humanities journals.
- Manage a list of humanities and social science journals, primarily covering archaeology and heritage
- Contribute to the growth of the list through successful bids for society owned journals
- Manage and develop the journals on the list to ensure copy is on schedule and that content is of excellent quality
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets
- Liaise with key stakeholders
- Prepare business plans for journal purchases and new journal start ups
Experience / skills required:
- Experience in journal management
- Effective negotiation and presentation skills, including strong business development skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing a budget and developing revenue would be advantageous
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Stephanie Hall
Tel: 020 7487 8313
See more publishing jobs at jobs.bookmachine.org.
business development skills, business plans, effective negotiation, excellent interpersonal skills, humanities, journal management, leeds, managing a budget, presentation skills, social science journals, stephanie hall, stm journals