The Darley Anderson Literary Agency is a top London based commercial fiction and non-fiction agency representing bestselling authors worldwide. We are looking for a dynamic women’s fiction Agent who has enormous passion for the genre and strong eye for readers’ tastes and wants. They will join a small elite team and be in charge of building the list and finding exciting future bestselling talent.
Agenting experience is welcome but not essential.
The role involves:
– Submission reading and talent spotting
– Liaising closely with authors and publishers
– Building a strong market awareness in the genre
– Managing authors’ publication schedules, contracts and payments
– Assessing manuscripts and discussing editorial thoughts with authors
– Negotiating deals
– Attending events and representing the Agency
The ideal candidate:
– will be an obsessive reader of both the commercial fiction and book club women’s fiction market
– will have a sharp awareness of readers’ tastes and market trends
– will be commercially minded with an eye for storytelling over literary style
– will have a strong sense of commercial fiction, and the commercial marketplace
– will love working with people and be able to confidently and swiftly develop a rapport with authors and publishers
– will be a confident negotiator
– will be ready to work independently from the start, with strong support from our team
This role is a unique opportunity for someone who absolutely loves women’s fiction and would relish building their own list.
The closing date for applications is 30th September 2016.
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.