Out of House Publishing Solutions is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. We offer a comprehensive project management service for every kind of publishing project, and we are currently looking for a senior project manager to come and work on our expanding list of educational titles. This exciting and varied role will be vital to the education team in continuing to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality print and digital projects for our clients.
This is a permanent full-time position, based in our attractive Stroud offices. It would suit a candidate with at least five years’ publishing experience in the education sector, who is looking for a senior editorial role with key account and line management responsibilities.
Applications close: 18th April 2017
- To schedule and manage the editorial stages of largescale multi-component publishing products, typically from manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers.
- To manage project teams comprising freelance project managers and in-house project editors/managers on largescale multi-component publishing products.
- To line manage in-house project editors/managers, amongst other things providing pastoral and project support, identifying training needs and enabling career development and progression.
- To manage one of the key education customer accounts, with support from the production manager. This will include cultivating relationships with key contacts, attending regular customer review meetings, acting as a point of escalation on current projects, costing for and allocating resource for new projects, setting up project documentation and carrying out job studies.
- To communicate effectively with publishing clients, providing regular project updates as well as participating in, and often leading, conference calls and/or attending meetings as appropriate.
- To add value for our customers by identifying potentional project risks and issues as early as possible and proactively managing these by offering possible solutions based on own publishing experience and knowledge.
- To ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification.
- To collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary.
- To be accountable for workflow development and documentation, ensuring processes are tailored to customer need.
- To assist the production manager and mentor project managers as required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills.
- At least five years’ educational publishing experience.
- Line management experience preferable.
- Degree-level education (publishing qualifications an advantage).
To apply, please send your register via the Website.