Out of House Publishing Solutions is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. We offer a comprehensive project management service for every kind of publishing project, and we are currently looking for a project editor to come and work on our expanding list of educational titles. This exciting and varied new role will be vital to the education team in continuing to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality print and digital projects for our clients.
Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire
Salary range: £18,000–£23,000/annum (depending on experience)
Hours: Full-time, based on 35 hours/week
Contract: permanent, subject to three month probation
This is a full-time role, based in our attractive Stroud offices. It would suit a candidate with some previous publishing experience, who is looking to take their next step in the industry.
- To schedule and manage the editorial stages of publishing products, typically from developed manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers.
- To communicate effectively with publishing clients, providing regular project updates as well as participating in conference calls and/or attending meetings as appropriate.
- To ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification.
- To collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary.
- To assist the production manager as required.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills.
- Degree-level education (publishing qualifications an advantage).
- Previous publishing experience is essential, particularly a good working knowledge of editorial processes.
- Knowledge of the UK and/or international education system and market would be useful.
To apply please go to the Out of House Publishing Solutions website.