SPCK are looking for a Campaigns Manager to head up their marketing and publicity team within a busy Commercial department.
You’ll plan and implement all aspects of their marketing and publicity campaigns in a creative and strategic role – planning budgets and priorities, writing copy, briefing designers, managing in house staff and freelancers, running events; both for their non-fiction publishing imprints and our charitable activities.
You will be a self-starter, organised and able to work to tight deadlines, often under pressure and with excellent attention to detail.
It also goes without saying you’ll be able to connect with and influence people.
On top of that you’ll have a results-driven approach to delivering quality work, strong digital and social media skills, and a proven commitment to maintaining and enhancing your learning in this area.
With three direct reports you will need to be able to demonstrate some leadership and delegation skills, and have at least 2 years experience working in a book publishing marketing or publicity role.
• Devising and delivering creative marketing campaigns for key titles across all categories; academic, children’s, adult spirituality and non-fiction and health ranges
• Planning and implementing marketing strategies for the company’s key titles and authors, including website content and blog management, social media and email marketing, digital advertising, consumer events and third party outreach
• Devising the strategy for and managing the hard copy and digital catalogue output to best suit the respective trade and consumer audiences.
• Managing social media campaigns for individual titles and advising on authors’ social media strategies
• Briefing and working on InDesign artwork for print adverts, event material and digital banners
• Managing and producing search engine optimised copy for the websites, including trend-aware blog content and engaging product descriptions
• Presenting marketing plans to the wider publishing team each season
• Working closely with staff to offer publicity and marketing meetings for key authors and ongoing support in the lead up to publication
• Working with the sales team to offer sell-in materials and pitch retail marketing ideas
Knowledge, skills and experience
• 2-3 years experience in a marketing or publicity trade publishing role, ideally with some experience of line-managing interns or assistants
• Creative problem solver
• Ability to set deadlines for self and others and then ensure that
they are met
• Keen interest in social media and online marketing opportunities
• Excellent organization skills and an ability to work on several
• Ability to work with external brands and organisations
• Good time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Innovative strategist with the ability to plan campaigns on a small
• Keen interest in industry-wide developments
• Experience with design software (InDesign/Photoshop) (desirable
but not essential)
• Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics (desirable
but not essential)
• Experience with social media advertising (Facebook Ads)
(desirable but not essential)
Please apply by 10th October with CV and covering letter to the Commercial Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Early applications may be prioritised.