This is an exciting opportunity for a senior children’s marketer to develop their leadership qualities and shape strategies to directly drive sales growth.
As Deputy Head, Children’s Marketing you will oversee UK consumer and trade marketing activity across Quarto’s children’s lists including Wide Eyed Editions, Frances Lincoln Children’s Books, words&pictures and QED. Working closely with the Campaigns Director you will manage and implement strategies that drive sales for the Little People, Big Dreams series, Pre-school, Education and individual lead title campaigns. You will collaborate with UK Sales to develop Trade marketing campaigns and be responsible for delivering an exciting AMS revenue growth target.
You will manage the day-to-day children’s marketing budget and title allocation, reporting to the Campaigns Director. You will enjoy having a leading role in energizing our small, close team to achieve their goals, collaborating with our US colleagues and providing an experienced voice for Publishers.
Key Responsibilities include
- Amazon Marketing Services (AMS) budget, campaign execution and reporting
- Little People, Big Dreams brand and campaign management within global growth strategy including budget, consumer and retail activity and developing its online presence
- To manage Pre-school and Educational campaigns across lists, including paid and earned promotions, core list outreach, Levelling and teachers’ notes processes, and developing focus groups
- Plan and implement effective marketing strategies for lead titles, including budgeting, execution and analysis
- Oversee resource allocation and process for core reviewer/influencer outreach
- Trade marketing – develop key account and wholesale school/library promotions, supporting Sales at meetings
- Leadership – line manage Children’s Campaigns Officer and freelancer(s), plus manage the Children’s responsibilities of the Communities and Social Media Executive
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Enthusiastic, focused team leader, 2+ years’ people management experience
- Direct experience running AMS campaigns
- Excellent knowledge of children’s 0-12 age-range marketing opportunities including school and library associations, pre-school and non-fiction, into Year 7
- A demonstrable interest in digital-first marketing and community building
- Hard-working, proactive, collaborative – enjoy working with small, close teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication including internal, external and author relations plus effective writing, briefing, pitching, presenting
- Confident negotiator
- Exceptional organisational, time management and prioritisation skills, with experience working across multiple imprints
- Passion and drive to deliver for a strong growth area of the business
- A flair for creative marketing to make our design-led titles stand out in the market
- Independent yet collaborative – able to use initiative to realise effective, efficient working practices
All applications for this role should go to Katherine.Josselyn@quarto.com