Are you looking for an exciting entry level position in publishing? Have you got a passion for children’s books? Are you looking to hone your skills in marketing and PR? If so, Quarto, the leading global illustrated book publisher, wants to hear from you. We have a very exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic book lover to join our vibrant campaigns team as a Campaigns Assistant for our children’s books list on a full-time basis, working in our London office in Angel.
What is the role about?
The Campaigns Assistant will work across both marketing and PR (including social media and online advertising) and across the full Quarto Kids publishing list, including our prestigious imprints Frances Lincoln Children’s Books, Wide Eyes, Words and Pictures and QED. The Campaigns Assistant will manage their own projects from creation to implementation, assist the Campaigns Manager and the Deputy Head of Campaigns on their own campaigns and contribute to the overall promotional strategy and output. It is an exciting and rewarding role that will give the successful candidate a wealth of experience within a global publishing company.
Working within the overall Quarto Group Campaigns department, the Campaigns Assistant will report to the Deputy Head of Campaigns and will work closely with our sales and editorial teams.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Content creation – from POS to social assets
- Contribution to the output of our social media platforms and website
- Manage the title submissions and general liaison for World Book Day, The Reading Agency, Book Trust, YLG, FCBG, Reading Zone and other literacy organizations
- Arrange author tours and events and liaise with key UK festivals
- Attend key festivals and industry conferences such as the YLG and SLA conferences, Hay and Cheltenham Festivals
- Assist the Campaigns team when necessary
- Liaise with our US marketing team
What does the role require?
- A passion in children’s books, marketing and PR
- A strong interest in online and social media
- Strong copy writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A can-do attitude and bags of common sense
Quarto creates a wide variety of books and products, with a mission to inspire life’s experiences. Produced in many formats for adults, children and the whole family, our products are visually appealing, information-rich and stimulating.
The Group encompasses a diverse portfolio of imprints. Subjects range from Art ‘How-To’, Graphic Design, and Home Improvement, to Cooking, Gardening, Motoring, and Crafts.
Quarto sells its products globally in over 50 countries and 40 languages, through a variety of sales channels, partnerships, and routes to market.
Quarto employs c.330 talented people in the US, UK, Hong Kong and Australia.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to Dannie.firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you found this opportunity on BookMachine.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10th February 2020 at midnight (UK time).
Please note that you need the right to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
Quarto is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.