Location: London, UK
Contract: Permanent, full time
Salary: £24,000 pa (inc. London Weighting) depending on experience
Looking for a job in Rights? It’s a great time to join SPCK. We’re currently the UK’s leading Christian publisher and mission agency. We won the IPG Specialist Consumer Publisher of the Year award in 2017, 2018 and 2019. We also won Publisher of the Year and Adult and Children’s Books of the Year at the CRT Christian Publishing Awards in both 2018 and 2019. We are vibrant, energetic and growing, with a happy, motivated team working in a refurbished office at the leafy end of Westminster.
We are looking for a Rights Executive to manage and maximise rights, translations, permissions and co edition sales in a number of key territories across the full publishing portfolio, maintaining and developing established markets and seeking out opportunities in new and emerging areas. This is a great role within a very busy and exciting organisation, ideally for someone with previous Rights experience within publishing.
• Sell translation rights and co-editions across adult and children’s lists
• Provide monthly sales updates on all territories
• Work with Production Director to establish and coordinate profitable co-edition print runs
• Work with Accountant to monitor rights income payments
• Maintain, develop and increase customer and market knowledge and introduce new business and contacts
• Undertake admin duties including logging interest, submitting sales material, drawing up contracts, notifying authors and agents of sales, completing approvals, adding to sales spreadsheets and databases, issuing FPOs, arranging shipping instructions, supplying files for own markets
• Creating and updating rights guides for the book fairs and managing the book fair stands
• Solid grounding and demonstrable previous experience including negotiating and drafting contracts, ideally with previous experience in a Rights Assistant role
• Experience of working towards deadlines and sales targets with the ability to prioritise and manage workload
• Ability to communicate confidently at all levels, both in writing and verbally
• Impeccable organisational skills and attention to detail
• Communicative with strong rapport-building and interfacing skills
• Ability to deliver presentations confidently and in a professional manner
• Good computer skills: fast, accurate typing; Word, PowerPoint and Excel proficient
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment, capable of working under pressure
• Genuine interest in Christian books would be an advantage but not essential
We look forward to hearing from you now!
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications Sunday 16th March 2020.