Reports to: Head of Templar
Location: Victoria House, Bloomsbury Square, London – with flexible home working up to three days per week
Salary range: £23,000 – £27,000 per annum
Application deadline: 30th June 2021
Templar Publishing is looking for an assistant editor to join their dynamic, forward-thinking and collaborative creative team, with the aim of growing a highly innovative and commercial list. This role is ideal for someone looking to step up from an editorial assistant position. They are looking for a candidate with a strong interest in the Children’s market.
Based in their new London offices, you’ll develop and commission fresh ideas for preschool, novelty, non-fiction and picture books alongside custom projects for Big Picture Press, managing them from initial concept to final product, and assisting with ad hoc editorial and administrative tasks.
Essential job functions/responsibilities:
- Project managing a number of titles through all stages of production while working to set timescales and budgets, including non-fiction, picture books, novelty, licensed publishing, new editions and reprints.
- Assisting editors with research, writing, copy-editing and proofreading on a wide range of books across different formats.
- Undertaking administrative tasks as required, such as sending out contributor copies of books to authors and artists.
- Working closely with the in-house design, production and sales teams and liaising with authors, illustrators and agents.
- Producing sales materials, including marketing materials for book fairs and back cover and sales copy.
- Attending and presenting at regular acquisitions and sales meetings.
- Playing an active part in new concept development.