Salary range: £33,360 to £54,680 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to join SAGE as commissioning editor on their flagship, innovative Research Methods book list.
This role is ideal for someone who is ready for the next phase of their development as an editor, or someone with the right commercial and communication skills to make the move into an editorial career.
You will be responsible for commissioning and developing textbooks for an international market, helping students worldwide learn vital research methods skills.
Click here for the detailed job description and to find out how to apply.
About our company
SAGE is an independent, leading academic and professional publisher. We are a growing company, with over 1,500 employees based in London, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Singapore, New Delhi and Melbourne.
We believe that education is intrinsically valuable to a healthy society and we’re dedicated to producing high quality content in our books, journals and digital products.
We’re passionate about contributing to our local communities; we run a diverse mix of community-based programs each year and we make sure everyone has the chance to get involved.
Could you be our Commissioning Editor?
- Confident in creating positive, engaged working relationships that get the most out of academic authors
- Able to make sound commercial decisions that impact positively on product development and profitability
- Effective at collaborating with internal colleagues in your team as well as other departments to achieve project goals and strategic objectives.
- Able to show excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to delegate effectively and to handle a varied workload and multiple deadlines.
- Able to negotiate successfully and efficiently with stakeholders (e.g. authors).
- Able to make good decisions by gathering and weighing up evidence and opinions
- Knowledgeable about the academic books market, or willing to learn quickly
- Someone who brings curiosity and enthusiasm to your work
Diversity and Inclusion
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and Inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Throughout the pandemic we have required our employees to work from home; when our office is fully open, we anticipate that we will provide a hybrid working arrangement. In this role, to maximise the opportunity for diversity, we will consider a remote working arrangement within the United Kingdom and welcome applicants who live outside of London.