- Reports to: Art Director, Adult Trade Publishing
- Location: London
- Department: Design
Bonnier Books UK is looking for an experienced studio manager to join our award-winning design team. The purpose of this role is ensuring that the studio runs as efficiently as possible, so that our designers can focus on delivering their best creative work.
You will be responsible for managing workflow within the design department, ensuring that covers and jackets meet their deadlines at each stage of production.
Reporting into the art director, you will be the primary contact for the briefing and delivery of covers, working closely with the editorial, production, marketing, and publicity teams.
As this is a newly created role, you will have scope to develop new workflow systems and streamline procedures and ensure a smooth publishing process.
A problem solver with strong attention to detail, you will be confident in communicating with colleagues at all levels and capable of pushing back and challenging when necessary.
Previous studio management experience within a publishing environment or similar creative field is encouraged, but not essential.
Essential job functions / responsibilities:
- Project manage covers and jackets in line with the creative briefs, making sure key milestones are kept and final files are supplied on time
- Facilitate best practice processes, creating and implementing deadlines, project goals, expectations and workflows that set the team up for creative excellence, whilst ensuring a smooth production process
- Track progress and manage expectations, problem solving and escalating issues as appropriate to ensure that deadlines are met
- Assess, probe and clarify creative briefs and help to assign the appropriate designer with the art director
- Manage all aspects of the budget for each cover, along with financial tracking and controls
- Liaise with third party contributors, including illustrators and other freelancer agents
- Curate images libraries for artwork and brand assets
- Administrative support in preparation for weekly cover meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes
- Empower the design team to deliver their best creative work, identifying emerging trends and opportunities
Bonnier Books UK is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in our workforce and we actively encourage applicants from these groups.
Bonnier Books is home to 13 adult and children’s imprints, publishing across a wide variety of genres, for different ages. From crime to reading group fiction; memoir to self-help; activity to reference – we believe every book matters.
Bonnier Books UK is owned by Bonnier Books, a family-owned company headquartered in Sweden. Bonnier Books is a top-15 world publisher.