Achieving 95,000 impressions and over 10,000 engagements for 2000 AD
In Autumn 2022, BookMachine Creative Agency worked with 2000 AD to promote Best of 2000 AD, a new landmark graphic novel series from the cult comic. BookMachine managed an influencer campaign across multiple channels and territories, working with 40 influencers to bring Best of 2000 AD to a new readership, as well as existing fans.
As a cult British comic, 2000 AD already has an extensive audience within their niche. Best of 2000 AD is largely aimed at a new readership: those interested in comics, but perhaps unsure of where to start. Thus, the primary goal of the influencer campaign was to extend 2000 AD’s reach outside of existing fans, driving awareness for this brand new, landmark series.
- We started by researching a curated influencer list, spanning largely TikTok and Instagram, with creators based in the US and UK.
- We developed ideas for a high quality influencer bundle that would be eye-catching and covetable on social media.
- Once the bundle was finalised, we designed a creative brief for interested influencers outlining the deliverables, key points and timelines.
- After approval by the client, we began the influencer outreach – building a list of 40 influencers and working towards the budget outlined at the beginning of the campaign. We kept track of every communication and document in a format easily accessible by the client, ensuring the campaign remained streamlined despite the large quantity of influencers taking part.
- As content came through for approval, we shared this with the client and liaised with the influencers during the feedback process, before confirming their dates for posting.
- After all content had gone live, we collected relevant data from the influencers in order to complete an extensive final report for the client.
“Emily was amazing to work with! Really informative and responded to all my questions. I loved this campaign. The creative brief was super informative and great to help structure the content and keep it on brand!” – Joanna King @flatlayfairytale (Instagram)
“The whole process from the first initial email, to the brief and to the delivery of the box was very well done!” – Alex Braybrooke @alexbraybrooke (TikTok)
By utilising a wide spread of influencers, we ensured the campaign was far-reaching and effective. Larger influencers gave a wide reach, whilst smaller influencers helped to generate conversations about Best of 2000 AD within their close-knit online communities. We also curated a list of influencers whose audiences varied in terms of interests in order to reach both new and existing comic readers.
All of the influencers used the campaign hashtag #Bestof2000AD in their content. In doing this, we were able to build a bank of lasting content on social media, increasing brand awareness as well as online presence for Best of 2000 AD Volume 1. This was particularly effective in increasing brand awareness on TikTok, as 2000 AD do not have their own account at present.
Through the creation of an eye-catching influencer bundle and curation of a targeted influencer list, we were able to create a buzz around the release of Best of 2000 AD Volume 1. With almost 100,000 impressions overall, and over 10,000 engagements across social media, the primary goal of reaching both existing and new comic book readers through an influencer campaign was met.
If you’d like to become one of our future success stories, just get in touch and we’ll work with you to make it happen!
You can book an intro call with us at a time that works for you via our online calendar, or send us a message and we’ll aim to respond within 48 hours.