This course will guide you through developing an effective social media strategy – from defining your audiences and brand to setting SMART objectives for success. You will also explore the tactics to execute the strategy, including creating and curating content that will delight your audiences, and organic and paid activity to help build engaged communities.
- Learn how to identify and target your key audiences
- Create a set of content pillars to guide your social channels
- Get the best outcomes from organic activity
- Understand community management to grow your brand
Who is this course for?
- Marketers hoping to develop more strategic frameworks to boost their marketing activity
- Non-marketers looking to understand the core considerations of their colleagues in marketing
- Publishing hopefuls looking for up-to-date knowledge to help them at interview
Your Course Leader
Caroline Maddison is an award-winning marketer. She has over 12 years’ experience delivering innovative and creatively impactful strategies and campaigns, across the media and publishing industries, having worked for The Guardian, Penguin Random House and HarperCollins. She has extensive experience across digital strategy, audience development and brand growth. Her work has been recognised by Marketing Week Masters Awards, Campaign Awards, FutureBook, The British Book Awards and the Book Marketing Society, as well as being named a Bookseller Rising Star.
‘Caroline brings the perfect mix of creativity and organisation, with a real understanding of what cuts through on social, and a flair for building cohesive (and award winning!) campaigns that span both digital and offline activity.’Samantha Eardley, Director Sales and Marketing, HarperCollins
‘Caroline has been instrumental in our audience development growth, launching new brand channels as well as optimising existing platforms. She is data-driven, creative and consumer focused, and highly passionate about the brands she works on.’Alex Moyet, Brand Director, Penguin
‘Caroline’s creativity and enthusiasm for testing new ideas and initiatives made her a pleasure to work alongside at The Guardian. Her positivity and commitment coupled with her focus on driving audience growth and engagement meant that she consistently delivered successful campaigns and strategies.’Stephanie Martin, Marketing Consultant