- This event has passed.
Understanding InDesign – how to build a book
October 19 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm BST
Publishing software expert Ken Jones has years of experience gained training hundreds of creative, production and marketing staff at the UK's largest and smallest book publishers. He has agreed to put together and run these hands-on 'Understanding…' training days exclusively for BookMachine and you need no previous experience to join in.
About the Course
Brush up on your InDesign skills and learn how to build a book from scratch with industry training pro, Ken Jones. This fast-paced and practical workshop will include:
- Tidying up a supplied manuscript in Word
- Creating an InDesign page template
- Placing text into InDesign and formatting with the professional use of text styles
- Working with long documents, working in chapters
- Building an index and table of contents
- Adding an images section including captions
- Designing and laying out a print ready cover
- Exporting to print ready PDFs
Ahead of the course you will receive a package of exercises to download onto your laptop. These exercises will be used throughout the day, so please bring your own device.