Understanding InDesign: Marketing & Creatives
21 May @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
10am – 5pm, 21st May 2019 | Digital Greenwich, London
About the course
Transform your career with this one-day hands-on practical course which will guide you through designing, creating and editing flyers, leaflets, posters and other sales and marketing materials in Adobe InDesign. There is no prior experience of InDesign assumed.
The professional techniques taught during the day also serve as an ideal introduction to confidently working with book files.
The course is led by Ken Jones. Ken sits on the BookMachine Editorial Board. He is a publishing software expert with over ten years’ experience as Technical Production Manager, software trainer and developer at Penguin Group UK. He is the mastermind behind Circular Software, which offers workflow advice, software tools and training to improve how publishers produce their illustrated print and digital books.
- Navigating InDesign
- Saving, editing, sharing and making new documents
- Managing fonts
- Working with templates and using a house style guide
- Professional use of character and paragraph styles
- Legally using free and commercial image libraries
- Image resolution and formats
- Placing images, cropping, scaling and wrapping text around images
- Bringing in text from Word
- Text Frame options and flowing text through multi page documents
- Creating and applying Master Pages
- Exporting for print and digital
BookMachine Members: £225+VAT (£210+VAT if booked before the end of March)
Non-Members: £295+VAT (£275+VAT if booked before the end of March)
What else do you need to know?
BRING: Ahead of the course you will receive a package of exercises to download onto your laptop. These exercises will be used throughout the day, so please bring your own device (PC or Mac).
The training room is at the BookMachine offices next to The O2 on Greenwich Peninsula, just 4 stops from London Bridge on the Jubilee Line (North Greenwich Station).
There will be a maximum of 8 people taking the course, and lunch will be provided at Greenwich Kitchen – a local modern British Bistro.
Date: 21st May 2019
Time: 10am – 5pm