Job Title: Junior App Designer / App Production Assistant
Salary: £16,000 – £20,000
About the Job
Aimer Media are an award winning app publisher based in Brighton. Founded in 2009, we have developed well over 200 apps for a variety of large and small organisations from a number of very well known institutions to the ambitious specialist publishers.
We’ve just moved to a new office space in central Brighton and we’re looking for a talented individual to join our small team and help us grow.
We’re looking for a design graduate (graphic/digital/media design) with a great work ethic, a strong desire to learn and who will enjoy working on multiple projects.
The job will have 2 main areas:
- Helping the Creative Director to create UX and UI designs for all ongoing apps, help prepare and deliver these designs for the developers and also create marketing and support materials for these apps.
- Support our clients and developers on editiorial and production tasks associated with app development. This might include: asset management, database and html editing, app documentation, contributing to our website, app testing and other small but vital tasks.
- Relevant design degree
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe cc
- Strong design skills with an eye for layout, typography, colour and grids.
- Working knowledge of html/css
- Enthusiasm to discuss your portfolio, our apps and other design examples
- Motivated to learn and develop new skills
- Team player and great communicator
- Organised with an attention for detail
Nice to have
- Knowledge of other design/prototyping tools e.g. Sketch, Adobe Xd
- Experience with editorial work, e.g. proof reading or copy writing
- Familiarity with content/data management systems such as WordPress or AirTable
- Knowledge of video platforms and video editing
The job will give you a complete overview of how we make apps, you’ll be working with a small team on multiple projects so the ability to be flexible and deadline aware is vital.
Passionate & ambitious, you love design and have an insight into how people use apps and technology in their day to day lives.
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Training and career progression
- Company pension scheme
- Central Brighton location
- Sociable, friendly team
- Bike to work scheme
Please contact Mark Brown: email@example.com