Associate Publisher & Commissioning Editor [JOB POSTING]
Can you find the very best stories and help them reach millions of readers?
Bookouture is the UK’s fastest growing digital publisher of commercial fiction. We are only six years old but we have grown rapidly every year and have now sold over 25 million books to readers worldwide. 2019 is a particularly exciting year of expansion for us as we establish a new editorial team. To keep up this incredible rate of growth, we need only the best talent…
- You will have a strong sense of what readers want, and have an eye for a great story
- You will be a creative copywriter and a meticulous editor
- You will have an eye for a brilliant cover design and know what makes a strong commercial package
- You will love using data to improve the way you do things
- We offer flexible working for all staff, whatever your circumstances. This includes the opportunity to work from home for several days per week along with flexible hours to fit your life
- Bookouture is a dynamic working environment, where your ideas will be heard and where you will have the capacity to change things, take risks and do things differently
- We are a fun and sociable workplace where there is always lots going on
- You will be part of a fast-growing company, with the opportunities for career progression that offers
We are looking for Commissioning Editors (salary range £30,000-£40,000 plus bonus) and Associate Publishers (equivalent to Editorial Director and with a salary range £40,000-£50,000 plus bonus). In both roles, we will want you to bring on board and publish talented, consistent authors who we can work with over multiple books to build a returning readership. The Associate Publisher role also involves line management of one Commissioning Editor and one Publishing Executive.
We are committed to creating a company as diverse as the readers we reach and encourage applications from all ages, faiths, ethnicities, genders and sexualities as well as those from varied socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you have the talent to succeed in a fast-paced, commercial and creative digital business, we want to hear from you. Your skills and potential are more important than the number of years’ publishing experience that you have.
For more details and a full job description for the Associate Publisher role (Editorial Director equivalent), please click here.
For more details and a full job description for the Commissioning Editor role, please click here.
Closing date for both roles: Monday 3 June 2019