Location: Oakley, Bedfordshire, UK
Salary range: £22,500–£28,000 commensurate with experience + benefits
Full time, 37.5 hours a week
They are looking for a cover designer to start ASAP and will be looking at applicants as soon as they apply.
emc design is looking for a creative and typographically geeky cover designer to join our team. We’re a design agency that transforms content into beautiful and engaging materials that educate and inspire learners around the globe. World-renowned publishers return to us because we have a team of exceptional people who deliver stunning design, technically accurate files, on-budget and to deadline.
We are specifically looking for a designer who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, well organised and has proven experience in delivering eye-catching and technically sound book covers. You will have the ability to work technically, creatively and quickly on a range of cover designs. You don’t necessarily need to have worked in educational publishing before and we provide on-the-job training but a proven track record in designing book covers is a must. The salary range for this role is intentionally wide, this enables people with a range of experiences to apply as well as provides room for progression within the role.
Key duties of the role include:
- carefully following briefs to ensure we deliver original concepts
- setting up jobs – developing clean,
well-structured templates ready to
- using strong typographic skills to ensure titles, author names and pertinent details are part of the creative output;
- a high degree of photoshop proficiency to manipulate and place imagery appropriately
- ability to use photos and illustrations with the text to create visually striking and balanced covers;
- an understanding of the printing process and technicalities of printing;
- ability to work quickly and commercially to budgets;
- ability to be critical of your own and others work in the interest of improving;
- using Adobe Creative Suite to its full potential. We have team membership of Creative Cloud so you will have full access to all of the Adobe CC software.
You will want to work with us if you have:
- proven cover design experience within publishing
- a love of working within InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- a passion for typography and cover design
- a meticulous attitude when it comes to attention to detail
- strong organisational and communication skills
- the ability to confidently analyse and follow a brief
How to apply:
To apply for this role please send emc your PDF CV, portfolio and short covering email explaining how your experience meets their criteria to email@example.com.