Production Editor, Academic [JOB POSTING]
Out of House Publishing Solutions is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. We offer a comprehensive project management service for every kind of publishing project.
This is a permanent full-time position, based in our attractive Stroud offices. It would suit a candidate with some previous publishing experience, who is looking to take their next step in the industry.
Out of House is an open-minded employer and flexible working options will be considered.
• Manage a challenging list of Academic book production projects, controlling production from manuscript to supply of final files
• Supporting members of the team with editorial and project management tasks
Specifically this requires the Production editor to:
• Liaise with the authors, customers and suppliers
• Manage the schedule and budget for each title, working to scale prices and strict deadlines
• Commission and supply work to freelance copy-editors, indexers and proofreaders
• Monitor supplier performance and provide feedback
• Collate corrections from authors and proofreaders, process queries and check revised proofs
• Supply final files on time
• Help maintain up-to-date and accurate workflow documentation and identify opportunities for workflow improvement
• Attend regular production meetings
• Experience in academic book production. [essential]
• Experience in managing multiple projects and controlling demanding schedules. [essential]
• Experience in recruiting and managing the work of various freelance editorial suppliers. [essential]
• An appreciation of the commercial demands on publishers and publishing services suppliers. [desirable]
• An understanding of the basics of XML. [desirable]
The closing date for applications is 8th February.