We’ve teamed up with the guys at the marketing alliance to re-launch FLiP – a series of informal networking events specifically for freelancers. We offer a friendly, relaxed atmosphere in which to sit down over coffee and a croissant and exchange stories or pick each other’s brains. It’s less of a networking event and more a friendly support group.
Everyone knows that freelancing can be a bit lonely or isolating at times. And a few weeks working from home can make you sick of the sight of the same four walls. So FLiP offers you the chance to get a change of scene, meet other people in the same boat and discuss things that are on your mind about work.
So topics of discussion at previous meetings have included:
- How can I get publishers to pay on time?
- What to do when the project arrives and it is bigger than the brief suggested
- Day rate vs project fee – which is better?
- What self-marketing people do in order to get new business
- Mac vs PC – pros and cons
- Which social networks are freelancers using and why
As well as lots of catching up with old friends, current projects and holiday plans ( it’s not all about work.)
So if you freelance in publishing in any capacity – marketing, editorial, digital, design, project management, picture research etc – then come along. We meet on the second Thursday of the month. We would love to see you.