Targeting parents through strategic marketing for Usborne Books’ non-fiction, baby and activity books
The BookMachine Creative Agency worked on two major summer campaigns for Usborne Books – one centred around mental health in May 2022, followed by an environment campaign in June.
In tandem, the team managed paid social media campaigns and Amazon activity for Usborne’s non-fiction, baby and activity titles.
Combined influencer following
Facebook links clicked
“I simply can’t recommend BookMachine highly enough – the head office staff and the consultants have been outstanding.”
Carol Farley, Head of Marketing, UK – Usborne Publishing
- Secured a major Instagram competition with children’s stationary brand, Smiggle.
- Co-ordinated a targeted influencer mailing, featuring key titles and a fidget pen from Smiggle which was shared by leading parent and teacher influencers with a combined following of over 1.2 million.
- Created stand-out Facebook ads for a range of titles and campaigns including Easter, the Queen’s Jubilee, That’s Not My…, Don’t Tickle and Mental Health.
- Co-ordinated metadata optimisation, description updates and A+ content across numerous titles and brands to increase sales conversions of Usborne’s non-fiction, baby and activity titles, with a particular focus on the Amazon platform.
- The competition reached over 100k parents and received over 8k entries, generating awareness of Usborne’s mental health titles.
- Our mental health book ads specifically reached over 117K engaged consumers and generated over 2.2K link clicks with an average cost per click (CPC) of £0.18 – for context, the average CPC targeting ‘Books for Kids’ audience is £0.37.
If you’d like to become one of our future success stories, just get in touch and we’ll work with you to make it happen!
You can book an intro call with us at a time that works for you via our online calendar, or send us a message and we’ll aim to respond within 48 hours.