Join us and our friends at Publishers Without Borders online on Friday 28th August anytime between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (BST) for a day of celebration and appreciation for international colleagues in publishing, something we’re dubbing #MyGlobalTeam Day.
Whether you’re based in the UK or beyond, we’d love for you to get involved to uplift and connect with your colleagues, friends and contacts all around the globe.
What the day is all about
- Sparking conversation in the book publishing community all around the world.
- Making connections with your international colleagues, and many other publishing professionals across the globe.
- Helping you widen your network and develop in your career.
You might have missed seeing them at LBF this year, or finally be reconnecting at Frankfurt Book Fair in October – or perhaps you’ve seen them more than usual thanks to the power of Zoom. Either way, we want to help you foster these connections.
How you can get involved
On Twitter: Join us at @BookMachine on Twitter from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. UK time for a day of chat, activities and more.
On Facebook: If you’re part of the Publishers Without Borders Facebook group, head over there on the day and get involved with their members from around the world.
On each platform you can…
- Use our prompts to share why the global publishing community is so important to you, and what you love about working with publishing pros internationally.
- Shout out and tag some of your brilliant team members, contacts and clients – spread the love!
- Enter the giveaway – a selection of lucky winners can win an annual BookMachine Events membership, a ticket to FutureBook 2020, a Frankfurt Book Fair online stream pass of your choice plus a personalised gift box, or a ticket to the Bookseller Children’s Conference.
- Find out more about how BookMachine and Publishers Without Borders are supporting publishing people around the world.
If you work with publishing colleagues internationally in any capacity, this day is for you!
Looking forward to connecting with you all.
Laura & Aimee