Senior Publicity Manager [JOB POSTING]
is a young independent and ambitious publisher, wholly dedicated to mental health welfare. We publish accessible self-help books in our Pullingthetrigger range, as well as remarkable stories of recovery from mental illness in our Inspirational series. Our forward program is growing rapidly, as is our profile in the global mental health community.
We’re recruiting for a brand-new position as our Senior Publicity Manager. We need someone to join our amazing team, to help us share our story, spread the word about our fantastic publishing, and promote our life-changing books and courageous, international authors.
We are seeking an experienced publicity professional with a proven background in non-fiction publishing, established contacts in the media, and experience in handling all aspects of author PR. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in mental health – please tell us more about this in your covering letter. The role will involve working closely with your editorial and sales colleagues whilst directly managing a marketing executive.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to really make an impact. You will take on a pivotal, senior role in our rapidly growing team as we take the next steps forward in our mission to raise the profile of mental illness and make a difference to sufferers around the world.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Create and drive publicity campaigns for all key titles.
- Manage the marketing executive to ensure campaigns are integrated and complementary.
- Work closely and collaboratively with authors to coordinate their publicity and media activities.
- Foster outstanding relationships with the media (print, broadcast and online) in order to promote the Trigger brand and our growing profile of international authors.
- Manage individual title campaign budgets.
- Work with the marketing executive to use social media to promote and create publicity online.
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders on all aspects of publicity and marketing.
- Work closely with editorial, and feed into the acquisition process.
- Stay informed about new marketing and publicity insights, developments and opportunities.
- Organise media events as required.
- Work collaboratively with The Shaw Mind Foundation PR Manager on suitable publicity projects.
- Substantial experience in publicity of non-fiction books.
- Strong understanding of how to create and executive effective and successful campaigns.
- Knowledge of how to integrate all aspects of a marketing and publicity campaign.
- Direct line management experience would be preferred, but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Outstanding social media and digital marketing skills.
- Demonstrable interpersonal, presentation and organisational qualities.
- A passion and knowledge for mental health.
The role is a permanent full-time position. It can be home-based but will require regular trips to our office in Newark-on-Trent.
Trigger can offer a very competitive salary and inclusion in a bonus scheme.
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
. In your covering letter, please include details of a successful campaign that you have led on, why mental health is important to you and your salary expectations.
The deadline is 22nd June 2018.
book publicity, publicity campaigns, publicity job, Trigger Publishing, work in publicity