Publicist/Associate Publicist [JOB POSTING]
Princeton University Press
Location: Woodstock, Nr Oxford
Deadline for application: Thursday 1st February 2018
Princeton University Press is an independent publisher with close connections, both formal and informal, to Princeton University. Our fundamental mission is to disseminate scholarship (through print and digital media) both within academia and to society at large.
About the role
We are looking for a Publicist/Associate Publicist (depending on experience) to join our small but busy office seeking out publicity for trade, academic trade and academic books across a range of subject areas. The person we need will be enthusiastic, well-organized and proactive.
Key tasks will include
• Orchestrating, executing, and following through on a wide variety of tasks associated with securing media attention for a designated list of books assigned on a seasonal basis.
• Liaising and working closely with authors to secure media attention for the authors and their books.
• Working closely with editorial, sales and marketing, and the US publicity departments to ensure good communication between authors and PUP staff.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key media contacts, both over email correspondence and in person.
• Working collaboratively with the Publicity Department on a variety of publicity, PR, and marketing activities.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills and a flexible attitude
• Proactive, with good problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize
• Good communication skills – via email, in person, and via the telephone
• Close attention to detail
• Fully IT literate and able to pick up new processes quickly
• Knowledge of InDesign beneficial
• Experience with database work preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ publicity/marketing experience.
This is a permanent position. It is based at Princeton’s European office which is in Woodstock, just north of Oxford. The office is accessible by car, bus, and bicycle from Oxford.
The main offices of PUP are in Princeton, New Jersey. PUP Europe is based in Woodstock outside Oxford. It is a small office comprising editorial staff, the International Rights Department, and the European publicity team.
Salary: Depending on skills and experience. PUP offers a full range of supporting benefits.
To apply: please email a cv and covering letter, plus current salary details and notice period to Julia Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications Thursday 1st February 2018.